... "SNITCH ON YOUR NEIGHBOR" ... WISE WORDS FROM THE MAN WITH THE ANTI-MIDAS TOUCH.

WE ARE: LIVING THE ORWELLI
AN NIGHTMARE ... FIGHTING FOR THE AMERICAN DREAM.

PRINT YOUR FREE POSTER HERE!

"The fragmentation of power produced by the structure of our government is central to liberty, and when we destroy it, we place liberty in peril. Today's decision should have vindicated, should have taught, this truth; instead our judgment today has disregarded it."

This is the voice of the Supreme Court dissent. I stand with this dissent! I live this dissent!


OBAMACARE MUST FALL!



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Soaking the constitution in gasoline and lighting it on fire

This Drudge linked article is very disturbing to me. The legislators are using this Tuscon massacre to tear away at the second amendment. Frankly, I expected this. I was not surprised by this knee jerk reaction. The part of the article that truly disturbed me comes in a paragraph a little ways down. It reads as follows:

"Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening (emphasis mine) or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress."

Let me get this straight. So you Mr. Brady want it so that if I flip off a federal bureaucrat, I can be arrested?  How about if I carry around a Gadsden flag in view of a federal official? Is that a symbol you find threatening? Will I be arrested then? How about the color Yellow? Can I wear yellow ... or is that color too closely associated with the Gadsden flag. Can I just tell a bureaucrat to "piss off" or do I have to use an actual swear word to get arrested? How about the Stars and Stripes? Is that OK? Can I still carry that around? What if a federal official stumbles across this blog and sees the Gadsden flag ... and then gets offended or feels threatened ... will I be arrested then?

Mr. Brady. I will be curious to read the constitutional basis for this bill you will be introducing. I am curious to find out how you will be able to defend your actions in light of that little thing called ... THE FIRST AMENDMENT! Knock, Knock, Knock. Anybody home?

Mr. Brady. You are a jackass! Do you find  that word threatening or violent?


The real tragedy (with no disrespect to the victims), is that one man with a gun has muted the free speech of millions of Americans. How? Congress has delayed the business of the American people. Congress has been muted for a solid week, preventing themselves from exercising the free speech of the people who spoke on November 2, 2010.